Asian Rowing Federation
|Vice-Presidents:||Nicholas Ee |
Jin Yong Nam
Ho Kum Fai
|Secretary-General:||Rear ADM Praparnpongs Pochanasomburana|
|Executive Director:||Meng Yaning|
|Committee Chairs: (by alphabet)||Competitive Committee: Christopher Perry |
Development & Women and Youth Committee: Hassan Ahmad Bilal
Events Committee: Edy Suyona
Marketing & Promotion Committee: Jirames Wongsanittadech
Para Rowing Committee: Seung-Hoon Han
Rowing for All: Phadnis Girish Jagadish
Sports Medicine Committee: Mikio Hiura
Umpiring Committee: Takao Senada
Korean Rowing Association
|President:||Mr. Jinshik CHOI|
|Vice president:||Mr. Kyebeak LEE|
|Vice president:||Mr. Changgi SEO|
|Umpire Director:||Mr. Jongduk HONG|
|International Director:||Mr. Jaeho KIM|
|Leisure Sports Director:||Mr. Heewo LEE|
|Facilities Director:||Mr. Hyungki LEE|
|High Performance Director:||Mr. Kwangchun LEE|
|Secretary General:||Mr. Moonsik HYUN|
Address: Room 410, Olympic Center, Olympic-ro 424,Songpa-Ku, Seoul, Korea
Telephone:+82-420 4275 / +82 423 4510
|President:||Mr. Jinshik CHOI|
|General Secretary:||Mr. Kyebeak LEE|
|Vice-General Secretary:||Mr. Yong-Sup Jin|
|Director of Executive Office:||Mr. Moonsik HYUN|
|Competition Manager:||Mr. Jaeho KIM|
Address : Tangeum lake Rowing Venue, Chungju, KOREA
Jury will be nominated by the Asian Rowing Federation.
**All accommodation booking must be made through the Organizing Committee.
Please contact the O.C to arrange your accommodation booking at
Athletes and coaches will be accommodated at the C.C hotel, it is approximately 5 km from the venue. The cost is USD 90 for twin beds in a room per person per day and USD 110 for single room per person per day including meals. *If your requests are late, your team can be assigned to another hotel.
- Incheon Airport →Chungju-city , takes about 2.5 hours
A ‘Nations Dinner’ will be prepared by the O.C. The date will be confirmed later.
The O.C will arrange local transportation and other necessary preparations. Teams are advised to arrive in Incheon International Airport on 19th October 2019 and to depart on 28st October 2019.
The cost of transportation from the Incheon International Airport to the
official hotel, CG in Chungju will be charged of 50 USD per person (Round Trip) by the Organizing Committee.
All participants in the 2019 Asian Rowing Championships will receive an
accreditation card on arrival at the venue.
Teams are required to send the photographs of all officials and athletes to
firstname.lastname@example.org. before 25th September 2019.
The Umpires for the 2019 Asian Rowing Championships will be appointed by
the ARF Umpiring Committee. OC will provide free Board & Lodging for
the ARF Umpires only.
If you need an invitation for VISA to enter Korea, please send a request for an ‘Invitation’ letter to email@example.com . Be aware that the Visa issuing process takes not less than 20days. For information please visit: http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/index.J\jsp HYPERLINK “http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/index.J/jsp=m%2040%2010%20″= HYPERLINK “http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/index.J/jsp=m%2040%2010%20″m4010
The past average weather conditions in Chungju in October are as follows,
|Mean daily air temperature:||13.9ºC|
|Mean daily maximum temperature:||21.4ºC|
|Mean daily minimum temperature:||8.6ºC|
Date & Venue
The Asia Rowing Championships will be held from 23rd to 27th of October 2019, at the Tangeum Lake Rowing Venue, Chungju, KOREA
7 lanes x 2000m regatta course
The Asia Rowing Championships events will be as follow:
|Lightweight Men (LM)||Events:- 1x, 2x, 4x, 4-|
|Lightweight Women (LW)||Events:- 1x, 2x, 4x|
|Men (M)||Events:- 1x, 2x, 4x, 2-, 8+|
|Women (W)||Events:- 1x, 2x, 4x, 4-, 2-|
|Para Men||Events: PR1 M1x|
|Para Women||Events: PR1 W1x|
|Para Mixed||Events: PR2 Mix2x, PR3 Mix2x, PR3 Mix4+|
|Group A||M1x, M2x, LM4x, M8+, W1x, W2x, LW1x, LW2x, W4-, |
PR1 M1x, PR1 W1x
|Group B||LM1x, LM2x, M4x, LM4-, M2-LW4x, W4x, W2-, PR2 Mix2x, PR3 Mix2x, PR3 Mix4+|
Rules and Regulations
- The competition will be conducted in accordance with the FISA Rules of Racing.
- All races will be conducted on a six-lanes course. If less than six crews are entered in one event, it will be held as preliminary round and Final. If there are more than six crews entered, heats, repecharge(s), and semi-finals will be held.
- An event with less than three entries may be cancelled.
- Preliminary Entry should be submitted to the O.C by 20th of July 2019.
- Final Entry should be submitted to the O.C by 22th of September 2019.
- Withdrawals of events will be accepted by 12:00 hours (Korea time) on Monday 21st of October 2019.
*Please keep the entry schedule carefully.
|17th October 2019||09:00 – 17:00||Team Arrival|
|18th ~ 22nd October 2019||09:00 – 17:00||Training|
|22nd October 2019||09:00 – 17:00||Team Manager Meeting|
|23rd ~ 27th October 2019||09:00 – 17:00||Competition|
|28th October 2019||09:00 – 17:00||Team Departure|
(This schedule is tentative and some items may be subject to change)
National Flag and National Anthem
National Anthem will be played at Award Ceremony for all events
Boats and Equipment
- All boats and other equipment must comply with FISA Rules of Racing.
- Participating teams will be encouraged to bring their own boats and oars if possible. Official boat supplier, Swift Racing, will provide boats for participants if they are unable to bring own material.
- If you do not bring own boats, you should contact Mr. Shawn Yuan from the Swift Racing for your boat rental by 20th JULY 2019. Boats and Oars Rental will be only provided to NFs requesting boats and oars rental to Swift Racing. After this date, there is no guarantee of boat availability.
- Contact person: Mr. Shawn Yuan, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- The boat rental charges are as follows (USD / during the championships):
– Single scull (1x) $400 – Double scull / Pair (2x / 2-) $600 – Quadruple Scull / Pour (4x/4-) $800 – Eight (8+) (if provide) $1000
The O.C don’t’ afford to provide oars and NFs should bring own oars or NFs can rent
Oars from SWIFT directly
*Contact person: Mr. Shawn Yuan, E-mail : email@example.com
The O.C will provide bikes and the charges are USD 10 / per day
All appeals shall be dealt with in accordance with the FISA Rules.
During the competition, rowers attending in the 2019 AKC must wear their National Federation uniform.
Medals will be presented to the first, second and third placed competitors in each event.