The Asian Rowing Federation, hereinafter referred to as “ARF”, is the association of national rowing federations in Asia. ARF governs rowing in the Asian region and is committed to:
- Be an integral part of World Rowing
- Protect the independence and autonomy of its member national federations and to keep the sport of rowing in Asia free from political and commercial influence.
- Protect the integrity and interests of rowing and the rowers
- Promote and ensure fairness, equal opportunity, and gender equality
- Develop rowing in all its forms
- Promote and encourage sustainable environment practices in rowing
The Objects of ARF in co-operation with the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés d’Aviron (hereafter referred to as “FISA”), shall be :
- To develop, promote and improve the standard of rowing in all its forms throughout Asia.
- To establish and conduct ARF Regattas and within the limits of the authority of the ARF, conduct the regattas staged at the Asian Games and the Asian Para Games and support regional multi-sport Games and regional rowing championship regattas and other multi-sport competitions within Asia.
- To establish, organize and to encourage and assist in the organization of international rowing competitions in Asia and among Asian countries and regions
- To encourage the formation of national rowing federations where none exist in countries or regions which are recognized by FISA or by the Olympic Council of Asia or the International Olympic Committee.
- To strengthen the bonds of friendship among those who practice the sport of rowing in Asia.
- To communicate and co-operate with FISA and regional rowing confederations within Asia for the promotion of these Objects.
- To establish and enforce ARF’s Statutes and Bye-Laws.
- To promote and ensure fair sporting competitions.
- To promote and encourage gender equality in the sport of rowing in Asia
- To enhance and encourage functional and economic support from governments, host cities and host countries including sports legacy and events surplus through mega-rowing competitions in Asia.
- To encourage and assist rowing high performance and rowing sport for all together for the enhancement and development of Asian Rowing, especially in the rowing developed countries.
- To encourage the development of Asian Rowing, especially in the promotion of rowing sport for all and para rowing.
To do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing objects or in advancement thereof.
Click below to read more about Asian Rowing Federation STATUTES 2018